Designer vs. PowerPoint

Posted by Adriane Jewett | | Posted On Sunday, October 25, 2009 at 11:01 PM


For the past few days I have been fighting on and off with PowerPoint.

Because PowerPoint doesn't transfer well from Mac to PC (or Mac to Mac, or PC to PC...but that's another story), I decided to make the transition easier by turning my presentation into a PDF.

When I saved the presentation as a PDF, for some reason, PowerPoint decided I needed a large white border around each of my slides.  Most people probably wouldn't have noticed.  But, I couldn't let it go for several reasons.

1.  It is my design.  If I wanted a large white border, I would have put one.

2.  I should be able to make it go away.  There has to be a way.

3.  I hate letting computer programs beat me.  If I let PowerPoint win, it's a quick downhill trip to computer illiteracy and design apathy.

I'm happy to report that after days of trying, hours wasted and options exhausted...I WON.

All I had to do was go to page setup, adjust the printer, adjust the options, scale to 115%, ignore the warning, save the PDF from the print menu and voila...battle won. 

I knew it was something simple...stupidpowerpointanditsstupiddesiretoruletheuniverse...

The world (and my presentation) is as it should be.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Designer vs. PowerPoint

Post a Comment