Shattered

Posted by Adriane Jewett | Labels: , , , , , | Posted On Thursday, October 8, 2009 at 11:44 PM

I love this art series by Brock Davis.

He takes the mundane and does something completely unexpected.


He forces us to look twice.


While I wouldn't hang all modern art on my wall, I do appreciate most of it. I firmly believe that art can be art because an someone says it is.


Classic example:
Duchamp's Fountain.

With a signed urinal, Duchamp challenged the world's view of art. He declared that art is all around us.


In 2004, 500 art experts named Duchamp's Fountain the
most influential piece of modern art. It beat out Picasso's Les Demoiselles d' Avignon (ranked second) and Warhol's Marilyn Diptych (ranked third) for the honor.

So guys, next time you walk into the men's room, take a second look at the urinal on the wall. Ladies, we'll just have to get our art fix elsewhere.

Comments:

There are 1 comments for Shattered

Post a Comment